Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scripture Sunday, Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I hear people quote this verse a lot, myself included. I find something so wonderfully comforting in the Lord knowing how things will turn out.

We are facing a lot of "what if's" in our family right now. What if our donor sperm cycle works? What if it doesn't? What if SSA moves back in? And what if he doesn't? What if RJR moves in with us? What if R loses his job? What if I change careers?

The list goes on and on. We have little to no control in how these situations will develop. We don't know how they will turn out. But God does.

At last week's BSF lecture, our teaching leader made this statement:

God's will is what we would choose if we had all the facts.

It's true, isn't it? If we had all of the information, not just our own perceptions but the actual facts and long term consequences, wouldn't we be better equipped for decision making? I know I would be.

I am thankful that the Lord has a plan for me and my family. I am thankful that He knows how it will all turn out.

I'm praying for peace in the waiting.

2 comments:

  1. What a great quote!! I did a long post on this verse a few months back. Thanks for sharing. So glad he knows so much better than we do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go searching for that post! Thanks!

      Delete