Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pre-Pregnancy Eating, Day 13

Yesterday was a whirlwind! I worked a half day and then had seven stops to make before BSF, not including getting dinner into Little K. I am SO glad that’s over.
Speaking of Little K, her ear piercing went… okay. She was fine until the doctor started prepping her ears, which I totally expected. She cried, of course, and plenty but eventually calmed down. She is so proud of her little studs! Momma’s big girl! She woke up drenched in sweat this morning and with a bit of a fever, so we're staying home. *sigh* I'm hoping that's just a continuation of her weird cold/laryngitis.
RJR’s tests went okay. He kept his cool, of course. We’re all anxious to get the results from the first round today and hopefully get yesterday’s results soon. We don't have a date for the scope yet. Continued prayers for peace, health, and wisdom are so appreciated!
In spite of all of the crazy errands and having to eat dinner out, yesterday’s eating went rather well. I weighed myself this morning and I’m down 3 pounds already! Booyah!
·         Upon Waking: 8oz Water
·         Breakfast: French Toast Oatmeal
·         Before Lunch: 32oz Water
·         Lunch: Fage 0% Blackberry Acai Greek Yogurt, Banana
·         Afternoon: 16oz Water
·         PM Snack: Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie
·         Dinner: Asian Chicken salad with grilled chicken and half the dressing
·         Extra: Sugar Free Vodka Tonic
The biggest struggle was not ordering a Diet Dr. Pepper at dinner!
It’s been rainy here, so no walks for me. Boo. But we are finally using the bench press! I’m doing 3 sets each of: curls (10 reps, 25lbs), press (10 reps, 25lbs), legs (10 reps, 30lbs), and behind the head (15 reps, 10lbs). I’m also doing 30 situps each night. I know it may not seem like much, but I’m really pleased to be doing some strength training!
I’m considering the wisdom of adding a few minutes with the weighted jump rope at the beginning of my workout, just to get my heart rate up. I really enjoy it but my bladder is still surprisingly touchy, even with Little K being seven years old. I always end up having to stop and go use the restroom, even if I go before I get started!
One thing I’ve noticed is that my right knee has become very weak and sore. I think I overextended at some point last week, either with the weights or by walking during lunch without proper arch support. No bueno. We don't wear shoes in the house, but  I've had to start wearing supportive shoes indoors to deal with the pain. I'm wondering if I should get a light knee brace to wear, either when I'm working out or during the day. Thoughts?
Now to look into that punching bag…

3 comments:

  1. I have a really bad knee, but am stubborn and still work out once to twice a day. A lot of knee pain is caused by lack of hip strength, you could try doing some hip exercises and buy a foam roller. If anything, I would at least buy a foam roller (I actually bought PVC pipe at Home Depot because it's cheaper and works better). You can google exercises for both your hip and how to use the foam roller! I've never used a knee brace, and not sure the advice on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are doing great with your healthy eating! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for asking the question about knee pain. I have the same kind of issue with my right knee and was interested in Team Harries' comment above.

    Let me know if you find a knee brace helpful. I've never used one and am a little skeptical.

    ReplyDelete