Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Outing/Timing

Last night went really well! I’m not sure what I expected but most of the responses were just “Wow!” and “Congratulations!” More than anything, I felt validated by sharing this part of our story. That I’m making it a part of me, you know? I’m looking forward to hearing if any of the women come to me with their own stories.
One of the great things about spending time in God’s word is seeing how He speaks to me through scripture. Genesis 15 starts out by God telling Abram/Abraham “Do not be afraid! I am your shield, your very great reward.” And Abram responds by saying “What can you give me since I remain childless?” Ten years previously, God promised Abram a son. And, in Genesis 15, God repeated His promise and told Abram that his descendants would be more numerous than the stars. In verse 6, “Abram believed the Lord, and God credited it to him as righteousness.”
Without weakening in his faith, Abram faced the fact that he and his wife were unable to conceive but he did not waiver in his belief in God’s promise and gave glory to the Lord.
It would be another 15 years before Abram’s son, Isaac, was born.
Now, I’m not saying that God has promised our family a child. I have no idea how this cycle will turn out. But I can clearly see God’s hand over our journey and thank Him for it.
In the lecture, the teaching leader commented that God’s timing and our timing is often different. And that God’s timing always has a purpose.
I wanted to start TTC right after we got married but we have waited four years until we were in agreement about expanding our family. If this works, we will be blessed because we are going into this with unity in Christ and each other. And God will do great things in our family despite the age difference with our children. The same way, if it doesn’t work, we are blessed! Going through the past four years together has strengthened our marriage, teaching us communication, patience, submission, and sacrificial love.
Whether it works or not, this journey is not wasted!
I am so glad that THAT is a part of my story, too.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing better than being in God's will! Love the story of Sarah and Abraham too! What a great example for us, although I know we all hope we don't have to wait that long ;)

    ReplyDelete