Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Week of One’s

Thank you all so much for your sympathy, support, and prayers. I’ve had a ton of meetings and phone calls with potential employers this week and can’t wait to see what God is going to do!

I know I’ve already mentioned it but I’ve really been focusing on seeing this down time as a blessing. I’ve been able to spend more time with R and Little K, which is wonderful. I’m especially enjoying being able to do some outside activities with Little K in the afternoon before the sun goes down.

As R and I were talking over the weekend, I expressed my need for structure. Without a plan for each day, I would just end up in front of the TV while Little K is at school. As we spoke, the list of One’s was developed.

Each day, I would like to:

  • Spend one hour working on my Bible study, whether that is BSF or independent study.
  •  Spend at least one hour working on finding a job (this is turning into multiple hours each day but that’s okay).
  • Do one thing for the house, whether cleaning, laundry, mending, or whatever.
  • Have one reason to leave the house, necessitating me doing my hair, makeup, and changing out of yoga pants.
  • Cook one meal, usually dinner.
  • Write one thing creatively, whether that is a blog post or working on my book.
  • Work out once per day.

It’s going really well so far. I’ve had meetings in the city the past two days and am meeting a friend for lunch today. I’ve worked on my BSF the past two days. I made lunch on Monday and dinner on Tuesday. I did the grocery shopping and swept the floors…

The one thing that is suffering is working out. I just haven’t been motivated since everything went down on Friday. I’m planning on lifting weights this afternoon and will report back in the morning.

I had a fantastic phone interview this morning and think there’s a real possibility of that opportunity coming together. Woo-hoo!

Thank you, all, for your continued prayers. God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your one's - it's a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a weird week but things are looking up!

      Delete