Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pre-Pregnancy Eating, Day 8


As it turns out, Dr. P would require a consult. Since our insurance doesn’t cover any treatment and we have a high deductable, it would be $200 out of pocket for the consult plus the cost of the ultrasounds. No, thank you!
So, we’re back to just temps and OPKs. My average O-date is CD20, so we’re going to order on CD17 for delivery the morning of CD18. We’re going to trigger (my coordinator ROCKS) as soon as we get a positive OPK and do the inseminations at 24 hours and 36 hours after trigger.
Can I just say how much I LOVE having a plan?
***

Well, we have crossed the one-week mark in the not-quite-fertility diet. All in all, I ‘m pleased with the results. I never feel deprived of food I enjoy, which is huge for me. I definitely feel like I’m getting enough to eat and, while I do miss regular desserts, I’m finding some good alternatives. Giving up diet soda has been much easier than I expected; the only time I really crave it is on the weekends.
Speaking of which, I think I’m just going to have to suck it up and plan my meals for the weekend. I’d much rather graze and/or indulge on those days, but I end up eating too many sweets and not enough fruit/veggies. This weekend will be a struggle since Little K is having her birthday party: pizza and cupcakes, oh my! I know I’ll have at least one cupcake and a slice of pizza, but that just means that I’ll have to be more conscious about planning my other meals.
My weekday menu is pretty much staying the same. At least it’s delicious!
·         Upon Waking: 8oz Water
·         Breakfast: French Toast Oatmeal
·         Before Lunch: 40oz Water
·         Lunch: Asian Veggie Burger, 2t Shitake Soy Ginger Sauce, Whole Grain Bun, Carrots and Green Beans with Light Ranch
·         PM Snack: Red Grapes, Chocolate Greek Yogurt
·         Before Leaving: 32oz Water
·         Dinner: Thai Chicken Curry Salad
·         Dessert: Apple with Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt (Thank you, JustMe!)
It was beautiful yesterday, so I took a walk while I was at work. I'm hoping to get in 30 minutes of walking at work today. We'll see!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan!

    I look at your water intake throughout the day and are super jealous. I have been working on improving mine, but it is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS hard! I keep at 16oz tumbler at my desk at work. If I don't refill it as soon as it's empty, I will NOT meet my water goal. :-(

      Delete
  2. I also love having a plan. It gives me something positive to focus on and helps take away some of the stress of IF. Fingers crossed that this is your lucky cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for plans! Hope you got lots of great walks in this gorgeous weekend!

    ReplyDelete