My heart is beating strangely today -like that excited thumping, except I’m not excited about anything- and I’m so very tired. I feel like something is about to happen. Just took my blood pressure (106/59) and pulse (66), so that’s all fine. Maybe it’s just indigestion…
Some bullets because nothing exciting is going on over here:
· Continuing to work on my audition piece. Haven’t fully decided whether or not to follow through with the audition, although I will perform the piece for my Florida people and get their notes.
· I won free tickets to the NC Zoo! We are taking the kids on Saturday. I can’t wait to see the giraffes!
· I ran nine of the past ten days! Yay, me! It’s not far, just a mile, and takes me 20 minutes to complete. But I’m doing the whole thing without stopping/walking, so I’m calling that one victory. It’s gotten to the point that I look forward to it and do everything possible to not miss out. This is so unlike me and I’m loving it. J
· R and I had a weird day/night yesterday but all has worked out. We are rarely out of synch so it’s especially tough when we aren’t on the same page. I was so grateful that we were able to talk things out and go to bed in harmony last night. Now if my stress pimples would clear up!
· I had my annual exam last week and have some symptoms of hypothyroidism (cold hands/feet, fatigue, steady gradual weight gain, lengthening menstrual cycles). I’m having blood drawn tomorrow to test my cholesterol, TSH, and glucose levels.
· Preparing for Little K’s summer in Florida. I’m going to miss her terribly but I know that she will enjoy spending time with her stepsister and many, many cousins. Not to mention both sets of Grandparents! They are sure to have a blast.
· And I get a mini vacation! I will be in Florida for four days/three nights. I can’t wait to lay by the pool, spent time with my friends, eat some delicious food, and see some houses!
· One more – Coworker A had her baby on Sunday, a beautiful girl with a full head of dark hair. I was so concerned through the last two weeks of her pregnancy (decreased amniotic fluid, low lying placenta, transverse and breech) from the baby loss blogs I read. It was a WONDERFUL relief to hear that she was born safe and sound. Welcome to the world, little one!
So, there’s the life of dspence right now. Some fun stuff, some tough stuff, but overall just life.
How are things in your world?