Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pre-Pregnancy Eating, Day 6

Let’s just ignore what happened this weekend, shall we? The one good thing I can say is that I hit my water and breakfast goals. Plus Little K and I road bikes Sunday afternoon and I am consistently remembering to take my prenatal. (We won’t talk about the bonfire with s’mores. Or the homemade brownies…)
Here’s yesterday!
·         Upon Waking: 6oz Water
·         Breakfast: French Toast Oatmeal
·         Before Lunch: 32oz Water
·         Lunch: Morning Star Spicy Asian Veggie Burger with 2t Shitake Ginger Sauce on Whole Grain Bun, 1/2C Haricot Vertes, 1/3C Carrots, 1T Light Ranch Dressing
·         PM Snack: Banana with Orange Vanilla Greek Yogurt
·         Before Leaving: 32oz Water
·         Dinner: Special K with Skim Milk
Not terrible!  I’ve noticed that cereal is becoming my default dinner on busy nights (Monday and Thursday). Could be worse, I suppose. I’ve always enjoyed Special K, especially the Berries and Yogurt variety. Does anyone have a recommendation for a high fiber, high protein cereal with a fruity taste?

R and I were talking over the weekend and he mentioned wanting a bench press to encourage him to use his weights. Guess who found one on Craigslist last night? This girl! We're picking it up this afternoon. I'm hoping that seeing it when I pull into the garage each day will encourage me to use them, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, don't worry about it...I heard a rumor that calories consumed on the weekend don't really count, right? hahah

    My only thought is that if I were eating cereal for dinner I would be starving! How much are you having? But that might just be a mental thing for me because I love a hot meal for dinner.

    I just posted my menu for yesterday on my blog:
    http://bitsinpeaces.blogspot.com/2013/01/one-week-late.html

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I'm eating a double serving of cereal. In all, with the skim milk, it's totaling 400 calories. A salad would be better, and less calories, but there are those nights when you just don't have time! I keep telling myself that it's better than grabbing fast food.

      Delete
  2. No, I totally understand. If I don't have time, my go-to is some pasta and an expensive jar of Marinara (my dad's family is Italian. go figure). And it is DEFINITELY better than fast food!

    Also, I posted this back to you on my blog, but I wanted to post it here in case you don't see it (don't you think we should get notifications when someone comments on a post we commented on?).

    You said you have a sweet tooth, so here's a good healthy way to feel like you're cheating: Take plain Greek yogurt and mix in about 1 tbsp of peanut butter, vanilla and, if you need it, a little bit of sweetener (honey, brown sugar, etc). Then dip in apple slices and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete