Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pre-Pregnancy Eating, Day 15

Today is CD16: OPK day. I’ve ovulated on CD20/21 for the past three cycles, so we should be looking at a positive by CD18/19. I’ve decided to cover all the bases and test at Noon and at 4:00 PM. Does anyone have a suggestion for different/more test times?
My coordinator’s professional opinion is that OPKs predict whether ovulation will happen within the next 36-48 hours. So, by triggering at a certain time, we will be setting ovulation for 36 hours. The general idea for February is to plan on one of the following:
·        Positive OPK at Noon: Trigger at Noon, inseminations at Noon (24hrs) and Midnight (36hrs) the following day.
·        Positive OPK at 4:00 PM: Trigger at 8:00 PM, inseminations at 8PM (24hrs) following day and 8AM (36hrs) the next morning.
Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas? Lay it on me!
***
RJR’s colonoscopy is today at 2:45 PM. Prayers for an easy procedure, to find and resolve the source of the bleeding, wisdom for the doctors, and a fast recovery are appreciated!
***
Wednesday went rather well. I even managed to shun birthday cake at the office!
·         Upon Waking: 6oz Water
·         Breakfast: French Toast Oatmeal
·         Before Lunch: 32oz Water
·         Lunch: BBQ Black Bean Burger, Whole Grain Bun, 2t BBQ Sauce; Cucumber, 1T Light Ranch; Apple
·         Snack: Fage 0% Strawberry Greek Yogurt
·         Before Leaving: 24oz Water
·         Dinner: 6oz Lean Pork Chop, Spicy Kale with Onion and Sweet Potato
·         Dessert: Homemade M&M Bar (Somebody get these out of my house!)
I was bummed to have to lay off the weights last night but I'm not sore at all today. Looking forward to getting back on it tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Keeping RJR in my thoughts for a smooth procedure and recovery today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M&M bar...groan...my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything went well with RJR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are thrilled to receive news of a fairly easy fix. Yay!

      Delete
  4. I like to time my OPKs as close to 12 hours apart as possible, unless I'm going to be taking more than two (which I do sometimes). The reason for this is because the surge can be about 12 hours long, so if the gap between the last one on one day and the first one the next day is 18 hours or something you could miss it. So I usually do second morning urine and again before bed.

    ReplyDelete