- He talks! Our words right now are Ree (read, said with a book in hand), Bwee (please), Bah (ball), Bee (beep, said when touching your nose), Buh (baby, said when playing with his baby doll), Mommy (SQUEE!!!!), and Dada.
- He is totally into books, bringing us three or four at a time and asking us to Ree (read) with him. Then he crawls into your lap to hear the story. Oh, my heart!
- He can go up the playground stairs and then down a slide all by himself.
- He plays peekaboo constantly when we want him to chill. Car seat, bedtime, and nursing are his favorite times to cover his eyes and get us to play with him.
- He gives kisses! He will close his mouth, lean towards you, and make a MMM sound until you give him a kiss. SO SWEET!
- His favorite thing is going outside to play! The backyard is the best thing ever and he will happily play out there for hours without getting bored.
- A close second is anything involving water. He loves to play in the fountain in the backyard, water the plants, swim in the pool, get in a bath, and drink water. If he is splashing, he is happy!
- He loves watching Daniel Tiger and VeggieTales. Awesome.
- He loves music! Little Buddy will stomp along with the beat when I'm in rehearsal. He also dances whenever I practice guitar. Woohoo!
- He is currently in the carbivore stage of eating, consuming crackers like it's his job. We finally found an organic, ethical chicken nugget we can make at home that he likes. He wants to use utensils to feed himself but all it does is make a mess and frustrate him. It's a work in progress.
- We have FINALLY reached the stage in the nursery at church where he will stay the entire time without me needing to be in the room. I listened to a sermon in real time for the first time in 15 months last week. WOOOO!
Little Buddy is an absolute joy, constantly laughing and playing. He makes everyone around him smile.
We are "that family" - still breastfeeding, still cloth diapering, still baby wearing, still co-sleeping, still wearing amber necklaces for teething. And I love every second of it!
(Don't mind my pj's, no makeup, and terrible camera angle. It was bedtime.)