Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo and Thankful Living

Last November, I was new to blogging and had so much to say that it felt easy to post everyday for a month (not that I managed to do it, but whatevs). This year, though, I am feeling dry and empty. I feel like I’ve said everything twice already:
·         Want a baby? Check
·         (Probably) Won’t have a baby? Check
·         Processing the divorce? Check
·         SSA housing? Check
Blargh. But I’m still excited to be taking part in NaBloPoMo! I want to take the time to recognize the things in my life that I am truly thankful for. (Whoops – ended that sentence with a preposition. Should be: for which I am truly thankful.)
I have the following phrase posted on my computer monitor:
Life is too precious to waste on complaints.
I would like to spend the next 30 days complaint-free. In the grand scheme of things, my life is good. Great, even! Of the things that I value (family, faith, home, creativity), I have each one in abundance. I was speaking with R on Tuesday night and asked him what is good in his life. What is worth getting out of bed for? What gets him excited? He had a hard time answering those questions. I can’t bring him out of his depression, but I can set an example of what “praise Him through the storm” looks like.
Each day, I will be posting something that I am thankful for:
Today, I am thankful for my family.
Being Little K’s mother and R’s wife makes me so very, very happy! I look forward to coming home each night and spending time with R and Little K. There was a time (oh, about six years ago) when I didn’t have that. When home was a source of stress and unhappiness. I am so thankful that I have these two wonderful people to spend time with each day.
*dspence’s paraphrase of Philippians 4:6-7, Message translation:*
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment