Thursday, November 29, 2012

Frivolous Regrets

I have a few little regrets that have stuck with me:
·         When I got married the first time, I wanted a cupcake wedding cake. I also found the perfect dress. I didn’t get either of them.
·         When R and I eloped, I had purchased a retro cocktail dress for the ceremony; at the last minute, I didn’t wear it because it was so cold that day.
·         When I was pregnant with Little K, I wanted to use cloth diapers and make her baby food. I never tried the diapers and only made a puree for her once. And I feel like I weaned her too soon.
In the long run, none of these are big things. The right dress or cake would not have saved my first marriage. I married R in a beautiful sweater that I still wear regularly. Little K’s bottom and my bank account survived disposable diapers, as well as Gerber Organics, and we did nurse until one year.
Not a big deal. But I still think about them from time to time. As they come to mind, I hear “I wish I had done that” in the back of my head. So, I want to encourage you to go for it. Whether it’s for a wedding, the baby, your first place, a can of paint, or a haircut – Just Go For It! True, you may look back and cringe, but I think that's better than looking back and wishing.
In a similar spirit, here are my makeup moments:
·         When R and I have our five year anniversary next year, I want to go out that night and wear the cocktail dress I purchased back in 2008.
·         When R and I reach our ten year anniversary, I want to throw a big party with the perfect gown and cake.
·         If we are blessed with another child, I want to at least try cloth diapering and homemade baby food. I will also nurse for as long as possible, even if that’s past 12 months.
What are your little regrets? What are your makeup moments?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I think it's great that you followed up with how you will change those regrets. I especially like the idea of wearing the dress on your anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I am the same way. I have all of these feelings about things I should have done and how badly I feel about them. But I know in my heart they are all silly things. HAHAHA not sure why I cant let go :D

    ReplyDelete