Monday, November 26, 2012

What Can You Do?

Three good things and thankfulness:
·        Our house looks so pretty decorated for Christmas! So many of the little things (the right spot for the tree, the right candles, the right flower arrangements) came together this year and it’s beautiful.
·        The time with my parents for Thanksgiving was so wonderful. Getting down the china, cooking with my parents, decorating the tree, going to see the lights… These are things that I remember from my childhood and I’m so glad that I can pass down to Little K. I hope she treasures these memories the way I do.
·        Laundry! It sounds crazy, but I am so thankful for getting the laundry done! Between clothes, sheets, and towels, I did about six loads this weekend. I’m glad that’s taken care of!
As for thankfulness, I’m thankful for the calm I’m experiencing right now. Between SSA, work, the elephant, bills, and just life in general, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Especially with how irritable I felt last week (stupid hormones)! But at this very moment, I feel at peace. It is so nice.
The rest of this will be a little all over the place and rather boring. Sorry about that!
It’s the holiday season, so R is missing SSA. Unfortunately, when he misses SSA, he pulls away from the rest of us. It is definitely hard on our relationship. When we don’t spend time together, we don’t have anything to talk about. And when we don’t have anything to talk about, we don’t connect well. And when we don’t connect well, we don’t make the effort to spend time together. It’s a vicious cycle. The one good thing is that, rather than silently fuming, I was able to gently tell R how I was feeling, explaining that I really enjoy his company and, since one of the reasons we got married was to spend time together, it’s important to me that we don’t lose our connection while dealing with the SSA fallout.
R’s bible study class doesn’t meet this week and Little K got just over five hours of sleep last night, so we’re looking at a night at home. I’m hoping to put Little K to bed early (she woke up this morning saying that she felt like she didn’t sleep at all), so maybe R and I can light the candles and sip drinks by the fire.
It is RC’s last week with the company. Booooo. Her presence was one of the best things about being here. With my favorite coworker having left in April and now RC… I’m not sure what the future holds. I am not unhappy with my work and am very grateful for a job in which I excel, I just am going to miss the relationships, you know? One good thing is that the three of us are taking a long lunch together tomorrow. I can’t wait to spend some uninterrupted time with them!
More brown spotting today. I’m doing a pretty good job of letting it go, although I will test tomorrow morning if I haven’t started bleeding yet. My one concern is that I’ll have to cancel my procedure for tomorrow if my period shows up. Keeping a close eye on that situation. I’m also debating whether or not to keep using Fertility Friend. While the actual charting portion is fantastic, the additional signs, fertility analyzer, and estimated dates are doing a number on my mind. I’m not sure yet.
Little K and I went clothes shopping this weekend. It started out as a rather futile search for pants that fit her well enough to look good now but with room to grow into over the next six months. After two hours at Kohls (*sigh*) we ended up with jeggings from Target. They are totally cute! She also managed to score two fantastic vests, one pink sequins with a faux fur collar and another grey knit with nubby cream lining and toggles. She looks fantastic in both. I was trying to find a couple shells to go under two blazers I picked up last year. It went… okay. I did find one silk top, a sequins tank, black leggings, and two camisoles, so I’m pretty happy. Five pieces that can coordinate with seven outfits. Not bad!
I went off my diet for Thanksgiving week and it totally shows. I’m dreading the idea of going back on low-carb; it has been so nice to eat fresh fruit again! I’m going to try dropping to 1000/day for this week and see if anything comes off. If so, I’ll do that through the end of the year and reassess the situation. I’ll be loosely following the Biggest Loser plan: 4/3/2/1 – 4 servings fruit and veggies, 3 servings lean protein, 2 servings whole grain, 1 extra (either sweet or alcohol, not totaling more than 150 calories). There is a strict ban on processed food, potatoes, white flour, and pasta. So, really, it’s low-carb with one slice of multigrain toast and some grapes thrown in. I can do that.
It’s that time of year when all I want to do is sit by the fire. I want to be sure I stay active this winter. I can move my hand weights into the family room. I have three workout DVDs that I really enjoy: Boot Camp, 30 Day Shred, and Yoga for Heat. Little K loves things like that, so maybe I could pop those in when I get home each day? I’m also considering picking up running again. I was running 2 miles/day, 5 days/week before my surgery and got to the point where I looked forward to it. I’m not sure if I can commit to running in the dark or in the cold, so we’ll see how that turns out. It may be better hold off and stick to doing a DVD each day.
There we have it. Just life in general with nothing cute to wrap it up. Instead, I'll share a link to the newest addition to my Christmas playlist: Six String Christmas by Bob Rafkin. Just YES, to all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment