Sunday, December 30, 2012

Really?

Big moments sneak up on you.

Minding my own business, watching the 25th anniversary Les Miserables concert and thinking how much better Norm Lewis is than Russell Crowe, and R asks if I can pause the show. Next thing I know, we're talking about the Elephant and how happy R was raising SSA, especially when he was little. And how, if we try it, he would hope that it works. Which is a wonderful thought. And how, if I couldn't work from home, he would want to keep the baby home with him for at least the first year, since he works from the house. So sweet.

I didn't realize what he was saying though. It wasn't until he started to head back up to his office when it clicked and I asked, "Did we just agree to try this?"

"Yes."

So... I guess that's it then. Spring 2013, we're going to try. A single, at home insemination cycle with donor sperm.

And, surprisingly, we both hope it works.

Unexpected, to say the least. And quietly excited.

6 comments: