Monday, December 3, 2012

Jane! Stop this Crazy Thing!

Today is one of those days when I have FEELINGS and EMOTIONS. When thoughts jump around in my head so much that it’s hard to concentrate any anything. When I have to sit down three to four times to accomplish something because I keep bouncing out of my chair to do something else.
I’m reminded of a line in a favorite book: “She was learning to cut the memories off before they overwhelmed her.” I’m trying to cut these thoughts off before they go any further. Most aren’t bad, as in destructive, but some are and all are completely distracting and out of left field.
Pop, pop, pop! Don’t dwell on that, don’t think about this, don’t focus on what, don’t worry how, just don’t go there.
I feel like I’m hopped up on caffeine and my one-and-only cup was at 8:30 this morning. I’m chewing my gum fast, I’m walking at a clip that makes my hair blow back, I’m typing so fast that it sounds like beans spilling on a tile floor…
I want off this crazy ride! It may be time to get back on the homeopathic regimine, just so I can get some focus back.

No comments:

Post a Comment