Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love: Remix

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

How is love evident in your life? Not just in how you interact with your partner, but also with your children, co-workers, cranky grocer, fertile SIL… Are you building others up or tearing them down with the things you say? With your facial expressions? With how often you pick up when they call?
How do you show love to the people you like AND the ones you don’t?
I hope love finds you, and pours out of you, today.
For the broken hearted, I pray healing.
For the alone, I pray contentment.
For the married, I pray passion.
For the infertile, I pray family.
For the anxious, I pray peace.
For the world, I pray love.

No comments:

Post a Comment