Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blood on the Snow

Aaron David and Abigail K,
When you were in my hopes, everything felt light. Without you, I feel grey.
You have a wonderful big sister who would have taught you everything she knows. She would have been your best friend, your shoulder to cry on, and the one other person who knows what it’s like to have me as their mom. The two of you would have fought with arguments that shook the earth, but you would have loved and defended each other just as fiercely. You two would have taken the world by storm.
You have an amazing daddy. He would have been your hero, your protector. He would have encouraged you to play rough, to live tough, and to try your best. He would have been fun when I was strict and strong when you felt weak. He would have said yes when I was on the fence. He would have made you laugh and wiped your tears. He would have loved you so much.
You have two brothers. They are much older than you but they are good guys. They would have given your dates a hard time and have asked you to babysit their kids. They would be like your favorite uncles, the cool guys who make every family gathering feel like an event.
You have incredible grandparents. Nonna and Grandaddy are the most loving and understanding people you could ever want in your life. They play, they teach, they console, they hope, they forgive, and they encourage you to grow. They love God with their whole hearts and would have loved to know you.
I love you so much. You were in my heart for so long and I wanted so badly to have you with us. I hope you know that I think of you every day. I miss you.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you with love and sadness, for God to hold your heart close and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete