Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Closure: Denied

R is the one who got the call from the lab at Noon. He sent me a quick text saying, quote: "We are clear! No live ones!" I thanked him and asked for him to give me a buzz so I could hear exactly what the report said. I posted here twice and was then called into a meeting.

I just got back to my phone and had a voicemail from R. In it, he tells me that the lab tech called him and said that there was ONE (dead, due to the sample being an hour old) sperm in his sample and offered to keep re-checking until the count was officially zero.

One.

After 30 months.

I don't even know what to say...

With my 6 week cycle and our crazy life, R has ejaculated at least 220 times since his surgery. Our lab only requires a patient to ejaculate 30 times before they do a count.

But there is still one.

So there is still hope.

And hope means no closure for dspence.

Fail.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I'm so sorry. I wish there was a clear answer to all of this. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on the next set of results. Hopefully you'll get the closure you need soon.

    ReplyDelete