Monday, January 27, 2014

One Year Later: Faith and Provision

This past Saturday was my Dad's birthday. It was also the one year anniversary of me being laid off. As I think back to this time last year, I am amazed at what God has done.

When I was laid off, I did have moments of fear. I cried briefly once I pulled safely into my garage. But, overall, I remained confident that God was still in control. He had a plan to provide for our family. He knew our financial needs and had already set into motion those things that would bring provision to us and glory to Him.

Now, one year later, I still look back in awe at what the Lord has done. We faithfully pursued the opportunities in front of us and ended up with exactly what we had prayed for all along: a work from home position that paid even a bit more than my previous position. In less than two weeks! It was in that moment that I truly began to believe that our IUI would be successful. After all, our prayer had been for both of us to work from home if we had another child.

My new employer has been a huge part of God answering prayer for our family. We have been amazingly blessed! And, I believe, that is in part because - from the very first moment of crisis - we trusted God. Allowing ourselves to experience whatever emotions we felt (fear, disappointment, vulnerability) while still remaining focused on God's promises of provision and His ultimate control.

I'm praying that we all continually surrender our circumstances to the Lord and thank Him for His answered blessings, which are already on the way.



3 comments: