Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day

What was originally a five-day weekend has turned into a six-day weekend with the snow. Little K is outside making snowballs with R as I warm up by the fire. I want to say I'm sipping hot chocolate or a latte but in reality it's water and a bowl of Greek yogurt. So it goes.

Our last guest, my mom, left yesterday morning and will be back in five weeks to help us with final preparations for Aaron's birth. She will be staying until March 12th at the latest, so we are really praying Aaron chooses to come sooner rather than later.

We are all slowly recovering from the sickness. No one's appetite is quite back yet but we are all able to keep down food again. I've washed all the towels, sheets, blankets, and pillow cases in the house and am considering having the throw pillows dry cleaned just to be sure this nastiness is gone. Thankfully, since we all had our flu shots back in August, it isn't the flu. Just a gross stomach bug. UGH.

We had Little K's well child check-up yesterday. She is in the 67th percentile for height and 64th percentile for weight (good, considering her height). Her eyesight, hearing, and blood pressure are great. Developing normally, no abnormalities. The pediatrician is still a little concerned about the lack of fruits and veggies. Sigh. I did explain that we have cut all corn syrup and artificial dyes from her diet, eat whole grain and organic whenever possible, and have invested in some really great vitamins. Basically, since her palate is so limited, we are very mindful of the quality of what she does eat. That seemed to satisfy the doctor. Although she did remind Little K and us to continue trying different kinds of produce every day. Will do.

Aaron continues to grow monstrous and move around a ton. I've just gotten to the point where the top of my stomach and my lower back are sore by the end of the day. I'm trying to get back into my water consumption after being sick since I know it's good for him and keeps contractions at bay. No big labor signs yet, which is good since we still have six weeks to go. Ask me that again in four weeks and I may give a different answer. Heh

With maternity leave looming, my work has picked up significantly. Gone are the days when I could take a short nap in the afternoon. I'll be working all the way to Aaron's birth but have some big projects due before I start my leave. Aiming for getting everything done by mid-February just to be safe.

R and I have both been hit with the reality of how much will be changing once Aaron arrives. I think a lot of that comes with having had Baby M with us for five days. She and Little K were super sweet together, so our concerns about the transition are slightly abated. But it was also a little loud, Baby M's nap needs dictated what we did and when, random fussiness during the night... Things will definitely be different.

I think that's it for now. I'll be back with more after my appointment on Friday. Getting closer!

4 comments:

  1. Was just thinking about you as we consider our options if our embryos come back abnormal….wondering about donor eggs. So glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unplanned snow days are the best!! Glad to hear yall are recovering and getting better...nothing yuckier than a family-wide stomach bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're all feeling better!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear you are all feeling better!! Snow days are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete