Friday, November 29, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 29: Christmas Time is Here!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is eating leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast today.

That being said, I'm so excited: R is finally letting me decorate for Christmas!

R isn't necessarily a Grinch but he does have a bit of an aversion to Christmas decorations. I think it's the fact that we take the time to set so much up just to take it all down again at the end of December. He doesn't really get involved in decorating the inside but he always comments on how nice everything looks once it's set up. He is escaping the music and fun inside today by hanging lights on the house. Big old fashioned bulbs for the win!

While R teeters on the ladder, I'm inside with my folks and Little K setting up the new tree (10' tall!) and all the little things around the house. Once the tree is up and decorated, we put on movies so that Little K can be as involved as she wants for the rest of the decorating. First is Muppet's Christmas Carol (my favorite, complete with singing along), then comes Charlie Brown Christmas and Garfield Christmas. After is any Christmas movie Little K wants, usually 100-million cartoon versions of A Christmas Carol and the VeggieTales Christmas movies.

I'd love to hear your holiday traditions!

What is the first Christmas movie you watch each year?

3 comments:

  1. Your house sounds like a wonderful place to be at Christmas time! You will have to post some pictures some pictures of your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting up the Christmas tree!! The first Christmas movie I watch is either "The Grinch" or "A Christmas Story".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun decorating!

    My family always watches White Christmas together on Thanksgiving night. Then, on Saturday, when we decorate my parent's house, we watch the Charlie Brown and Garfield specials.

    ReplyDelete