Tuesday, November 12, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 12: Weep with those who weep

Continuing to lift up Matt and Erika.
God's Word speaks what we cannot say.
He hears, He cares.

You who are my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me.

***

***

Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?

Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

Overcome with awe, they said to each other, “Who then is this? Even the wind and the sea obey him!”
 
***

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
 
That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught.

***

Psalm 116

I love the Lord because he hears my voice
    and my prayer for mercy.
Because he bends down to listen,
    I will pray as long as I have breath!
Death wrapped its ropes around me;
    the terrors of the grave overtook me.
    I saw only trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
    “Please, Lord, save me!”
How kind the Lord is! How good he is!
    So merciful, this God of ours!
The Lord protects those of childlike faith;
    I was facing death, and he saved me.
Let my soul be at rest again,
    for the Lord has been good to me.
He has saved me from death,
    my eyes from tears,
    my feet from stumbling.
And so I walk in the Lord’s presence
    as I live here on earth!
I believed in you, so I said,
    “I am deeply troubled, Lord.”
In my anxiety I cried out to you,
    “These people are all liars!”
What can I offer the Lord
    for all he has done for me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
    and praise the Lord’s name for saving me.
 

2 comments: