Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 2: Sewing Saturday

A completely new series for the month of November featuring sewing projects from the Spence House. Today's entry is the Tufted Ottoman from One Yard Wonders.


You may remember that I sewed some super cute chevron curtains for my neighbor about six months ago. Since then, I've had 72" x 28" of leftover chevron fabric just hanging out in my scrap pile. In talking with my neighbor, she mentioned that she'd like a beanbag or something similar for her loft space that coordinated with the curtains.

Enter One Yard Wonders!

My sister gave me this book almost two years ago and, although I've flipped through it several times, I hadn't made anything from their patterns. But all that changed on Saturday! In less than one hour, I went from scrap fabric and a leftover bag of polyfill to a totally cute floor pillow. Score!

The pattern and directions were super simple. Easy enough, in fact, that I was able to assist Little K with her own sewing project while I worked. It also helped that I had already washed and ironed the fabric back in May when I did the curtains. Heh.

Total cost: $0

Can't beat that!





And, yes, my cat totally photo bombed me. Meet Naminae! She's been with us for four years and still hates our new kitty, Sora. *sigh*

2 comments: