Thursday, July 25, 2013

Eight Weeks: Lots of Links

These posts focus specifically on this pregnancy. If you're not in a good place, please feel free to pass it over. Take care of you!!

The storm W and I skirted on Friday in Florida:





I want to warn you that this is going to start out just a little bit complainy. If you want to bow out, I totally understand.

I feel awful today. Slightly nauseous, very tired, completely gross. My stomach is just upset enough that I don't want to eat but still feel hungry. And, when I do eat, I have to visit the bathroom. UGH. I am not a fan of whatever is happening today. Trying to focus on protein and water. Ready to feel better!

HOWEVER. I am still grateful to not be experiencing any true morning sickness (as in, actually throwing up) and to have access to horizontal surfaces during the day so I can lie down as needed. And a private bathroom rather than shared with coworkers.


In other, less gross news, I ordered a few more pieces of maternity clothing from A Pea in the Pod outlet store. I found two work appropriate tunics, a pair of teal skinny jeans, and a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt all on buy one, get one free. All told? $80 including tax and shipping. Not bad!

The swelling in my abdomen has gone down, thank goodness. I was tired of looking 3-months so early in the game! I think I was feeling/looking so gigantic last week due to being away from home and my regular hydration routine. Although I'm still wearing the maternity jeans today because I don't feel well, I think I can get back into my regular pants for another few weeks. Yay!

The two baby-related gifts we purchased to tell Little K about this pregnancy have come in. One is a countdown calendar and the other is a big sister t-shirt. So cute! We are also taking our neighbor's advice and planning a trip to Build-A-Bear for her to make big sister-baby bears. Should be adorable!

Oh! And I started a new prenatal vitamin two weeks ago: Naturemade Prenatal Multivitamin with DHA. We started Little K on a new vitamin regimen back in April that includes DHA and have seen a big difference in her attitude and coping skills. While I'm not feeling any different from my dose, it falls in the category or "can't hurt, might help."

One last thing: I've had two pregnancy related dreams! One was of getting a super high tech 4D ultrasound, wherein it was like we were in the womb with the child, and finding out the baby is a boy. The second was of giving birth to a baby girl still in the caul without pain (don't click if you are squeamish). After the first dream, I was convinced this little one is going to be a boy. Now I guess we're back to 50-50. I do like the part about giving birth without pain. Yes, please!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dreams!!! Excited to follow the rest of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I never saw the outlet link for Pea in the Pod. I think I'm going to have to do some shopping...

    Also, that is the exact prenatal I was taking for half of my pregnancy. Then the midwife said she didn't think it was "good enough" and was hard to digest (sigh!), so now I'm on a really expensive, gross tasting one and you're supposed to take 4 a day. Wow.

    ReplyDelete