Friday, October 25, 2013

21 Weeks: Preparing to Prepare for Childbirth

This post is about pregnancy. If you're not in a good place, please feel free to pass. Take care of you!

Yes, you read that right: preparing to prepare for childbirth.

Hearing that I have marginal placenta previa during our ultrasound was a shock to me and really threw off my commitment to HypnoBabies. I mean, if there's a chance that I will need a scheduled c-section, then why bother getting attached to a drug-free birthplan, right?

But the Lord has been reminding me that He is in control of all things. He already know when and how Aaron will be born. Our ultrasound in January will not change His plan. So, why worry?

Instead of focusing on HypnoBabies right now, I'm focusing on preparing my spirit for childbirth. At Caroline's suggestion, I revisited the reviews for Supernatural Childbirth as well as Redeeming Childbirth. I also searched online and found a great website with scriptures for preparing for childbirth.

When I first started planning on a HypnoBabies birth, I knew I wanted to supplement the materials with scripture. However, I was/am not confident in my ability to recall scripture by memory during labor. While I was on Amazon, I saw a link to Hidden in My Heart: A Lullaby Journey through Scripture. Intrigued, I read the reviews and then I looked up some of the songs on YouTube.

Love it! The melodies are simple without being childish. The lyrics consist of one scripture verse per song. And many of the scripture references are verses that I had already been thinking of using. I think I may have just found my supplemental tracks!

Although I wanted to order these materials right away, we have tightened our budget as a part of our financial plan and tithing. Well, SURPRISE! I randomly received a $50 gift card from completing my online health assessment for our insurance 6 weeks ago. Guess who's ordering on Amazon? The Lord is so creative in how He provides for us!



4 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome that you just got the $50 gift card!! What an awesome bit of provision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! Does this mean you are ordering supernatural childbirth? Can't wait to hear about all these books! I hope for review so I know what to get it when it's our turn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are preparing yourself. Do what you think will work best for YOU. Also, I want to say "don't worry about the placenta..." but apparently my "marginal placenta" which then became "low lying" is still coming back to haunt me. So I will say, I'm sure it will be fine and will move up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really a great idea to prepare for childbirth in concrete ways, using what you know helps you. So, I'm glad to read that you are tailoring your approach to what will be most helpful.

    ReplyDelete