A few odd things have crept up in the past 24 hours that have my curiosity piqued:
- Last night on the couch, I kept smelling something strange that no one else noticed. Just a little bit of funk, you know? By the time I woke up this morning, I could smell the garbage can and had to ask R take it outside. Also, the cat's litter box smelled worse than usual this morning and I had to spray double the Febreeze. (Good sign #1)
- I've been waking up hungry yet slightly nauseous the past two mornings, which is unusual for me. And getting hungry again shortly after eating. Seems that my metabolism is up! (Good sign #2)
- Although I've been loading up on fresh fruit, I am still constipated. (Good sign #3)
- Yesterday afternoon, I was in a great mood and then all of a sudden my walls went up and I was ready for R to say something that would make me snap. Weird. (Good sign #4)
- I can't stay asleep at night. Usually, this happens a day or two before my period. However, the past three nights I have woken up in the middle of the night and had a hard time falling back asleep. Last night, I laid there for 3 hours. UGH! Studies suggest that a sudden drop in progesterone prior to beginning menstruation causes this kind of insomnia. (Booooooo!!!) Although fluctuating hormone levels can cause sleep disruption. I dunno on this one...
- Oh! And my sex drive finally came back. Studies suggest that increased blood flow to genitals in early pregnancy can increase libido. Awesome! (Good sign #5)
So there you have it, today's dose of crazy. I just finished breakfast and can't figure out if I want to eat more or hurl. Please, oh please, oh please!