Monday, July 16, 2012

Learning Curve



Sometimes things happen. An opportunity is presented and then taken away. A situation arises and goes wrong. A promise is made and broken. And you are left wondering why. Why did that happen? What good could come from all of this?
I’m teaching myself to ask, “What am I supposed to learn” instead. “What is God trying to teach me? How can I come out of this better than I was before?”
Things like surgery. Things like amazing jobs that you can’t take. Things like homes you can’t buy. Things like adventures you can’t take. Things like everyone in the world being pregnant right omg now.
What am I supposed to learn?
I’m not sure yet. But I do believe that God is in control of all things. And that, when bad things happen or when something hurts, He can work through the result in order to draw me closer to Him. And being closer to Him is the goal.
But friends, that's exactly who we are: children of God. And that's only the beginning. Who knows how we'll end up! What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we'll see him—and in seeing him, become like him. All of us who look forward to his Coming stay ready, with the glistening purity of Jesus' life as a model for our own.


"Lord, me make who You want me to be. Let every experience draw me closer to You. In every dissappointment, help me turn to You and receive Your peace. Help me trust You, no matter what."

No comments:

Post a Comment