Monday, November 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo, Day 3: Not quite crawling

I'll admit that I was kind of cheating over the weekend, simply putting up pictures. In my defense, I was posting with my phone, which is challenging under the best of circumstances.

Little Buddy has been on the cusp of crawling for the past ten days. He constantly gets on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, and reaches for things several feet in front of him. But then he inevitably wipes out and whines until one of us comes over to help him back into a sitting position. R and I struggle daily with excitement to see Little Buddy start and fear that he will be free to roam the house. Terrifying!

We have one gate ready for the base of the stairs but I'm thinking we need at least two more: one for the hallway that holds the bathroom with the litter box and another for the kitchen. I loved the gate I had for Little K; it was relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Seems that it doesn't exist anymore, though, so I'm wading through the sea of baby gates again with no small amount of, 1.) worry over the varying features of each gate and, 2.) weeping over the price. I would say that you can't put a price on your child's safety but $100 on a baby gate?! There's a price, let me tell you.

Also, I need outlet covers. Mmm.

I'll be over here taking a second job in order to baby proof the house. K, bai!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh..I don't own the first baby-proofing thing and I'm not remotely excited at the thought of baby-proofing the house one day!! Can't I just tell her NO and she'll get it the first time??...no....??? ;)

    ReplyDelete