Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 3/33: Five Down and Day 4/33: Momentum

Day 3: My favorite thing about removing carbs from my diet (cause, let's be honest, carbs are delicious and it is a daily struggle to just say NO) is the instant results you see on the scale. After just two days, I'm already showing five pounds down! Woo!

The past few days have been okay. A little stressful at times (I am craving carbs like WHOA) but mostly delicious and encouraging. I managed to workout yesterday and I went to karate tonight. I have decided that 25-28 net carbs/day is actually a good number for a nursing mom, freeing me to eat enough to keep up a solid milk supply.

My water intake is going great and I'm making sure we get plenty of fiber each day with a minimum of artificial sweeteners. R is eating carb-free until dinner each night while I'm taking them in throughout the day. Last night we had lower-carb chicken fajitas from the slow cooker and tonight is beef stew with cauliflower instead of potatoes. I picked up some SF candies to satisfy those random sweet tooth moments. And I figured out that a tablespoon of heavy cream in my smoothie makes up for the lack of banana. Mmm - creamy!

Day 4: Today is a little off track. My carbs/water for the morning are in great shape but conference calls and early release at school has made fitting in a workout difficult. I'm going to try to workout this afternoon around 2:00 PM once Little K is home and Little Buddy has napped. We will see! I don't want to lose momentum.

I made these low-carb biscuits last night to go with out beef stew and they were great! A little bitter but it was SO nice to have a bready treat to dip in the bowl. 8/10 - Would recommend :-)

In other news, Little Buddy is turning 11 Months tomorrow! EEK! Where did my baby go???

2 comments:

  1. 5lbs in 2 days?! Amazing!

    Also, random, but do you watch Little Buddy during the day while you're working? How is that? Stressful, or manageable? I'm having a tough time with the work from home thing these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my carbs too much to say good by for long

    ReplyDelete