Friday, August 24, 2012

In Which I Talk about My Period

If you’d rather not read about it, I understand. Just go ahead and click away – I’ll catch you on the flip side.
Let me lay it out for you: My cycle is long. It used to be 6 weeks, then grew to 7 weeks while I was a donor, and then dropped off to 5 weeks after that ended. Day 1 is always preceded by at least three consecutive nights of waking up at 2:00 AM and staying awake for two hours. Also, intestinal distress. CD1 is usually light, CD2 is heavy, then scales back down during CD3-5. Nothing too terrible.
To review, this past cycle was 8 weeks long and Wednesday was CD1. This time it was preceded by only one night of waking (and staying awake) almost a week prior to my period. CD2 was heavy, as anticipated, but here we are on CD3 and the bleeding has vanished completely.
WHAT EVEN?
I have accounted for all of the extra stress over the summer (the kids being gone, surgery, travel, two baby showers, SSA moving out, having to see Little K’s father) which should explain the long cycle. Of course, my CM during that time made me think I was ovulating at three different times. [And, just because it bears mentioning despite the vasectomy, intimacy goes way up when the kids are gone. Just sayin.]
I’ve been temping for the past week, just to get my head around the process. Here are the stats:
·         CD58 98.0
·         CD59 97.8
·         CD60 98.2
·         CD1 97.5 (Moderate Bleeding)
·         CD2 97.7 (Heavy Bleeding)
·         CD3 97.6 (None)
The good news is that, based on the drop from CD60 (?!) to CD1, my body is doing what it’s supposed to do. That’s a relief. The shorter bleed just has me stumped. It usually wouldn’t bother me except that we’re talking about TTC at the end of the year. Eenteresting.
Speaking of, now that my period has come (and apparently gone), I’m dialed WAY down on the baby crazy. When I’m at the end of my cycle, there’s nothing I want more than to be pregnant. When we’re back at the beginning, I’m iffy on the whole idea. What in the world?
In other news, my bio and headshot are being included in a proposal in Florida for a project to be awarded in about two months. Here’s hoping!
So, there’s a little update from crazytown, population dspence. Hope you guys have a rockin’ weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment