Monday, April 1, 2013

CD16: Testosterone Town

My house is full of men this week. My two stepsons, SSA and RJR, are visiting for Spring Break. And I'm going to surprise myself by saying we're having a great time! I don't know what it is about this visit but it's just so much fun!

The boys arrived late Friday night and we all hung out on the couches for an hour or two catching up. Saturday everyone got up early, the boys worked out with the weight bench and punching bag, then we all took a long walk to look at the new construction in the neighborhood. Bonfire, burgers, and a movie that evening. Sunday was church and lunch, then watching You.Tube videos together and Easter candy. Dinner, Archer, birthday cake.

Today, I'm taking the boys to walk around Falls Lake. Later in the week, we're all planning on going to see Olympus Has Fallen. Friday we're hoping to go visit the supposedly haunted structures at Mordecai Historical Park.

Plus, SSA and I had a open, honest conversation about our relationship and I think we're headed in the right direction for healing and rebuilding of trust.

This visit feels so real, so easy. What a wonderful relief!

3 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the visit went well.

    How was Olympus Has Fallen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds really wonderful. Healing is always a good thing, especially in relationships.

    ReplyDelete